Throwback Thursday

There is only one main reason I do not want to shed the Evo just yet. Two separate days I have had with it. Days that pushed me past my limits and out of my comfort zone. Days that now flood my dreams and fuel my desire for more. Days filled with ear to ear smiles, frustrations and non stop adrenaline. Days where big heaps of mobile metal often jacked up on some aftermarket performance upgrades roar to life and fly around a paved twisty course. Track days, the days that give me more thrill and joy than anything else I have ever experienced.  I have only been out twice, a year apart, but it's enough to somehow make everything worth it. Including getting stranded four hours away with no one to come save you..








Yes, that happened. My last session on track for the day and as I am coming around the last corner I feel something over my accelerator pedal.  I move the vehicle onto the grass enough to slow down and check out the obstruction. One of the plastic covers came loose, I threw it in the back and went to head back out. The car wouldn't start and I couldn't remember If I had actually shut it off or not.
I finally get towed off and test a few things. We have to push it outside of the tracks gates and the guy running the event was kind enough to stick around for a bit to continue to help me troubleshoot to see if we could get it started or not.  We couldn't, he left and I called for a tow to a local hotel.  


I admit I balled my eyes out that night while binging on some buffalo pretzels and soda. All of my friends who have reassured me numerous times would be there for me and have my back were no where to be found and a few wanted to charge me more than a few hundred to come pick up my broken Bear (btw, my Evo's name is Bear.)  Finally, I get hold of a friend who came out the next day after work to pick us up.  I will definitely be investing in the unlimited AAA program for the next event attended.

Moral of the story - Track days are the shit and 95% who offer help don't actually have the intention of helping.


Popular Posts