Here We Go..

It's been a long time, I say that here often. I am not very good at keeping up with a blog. Be that as it may, there is exciting news to share.


First, I have a used motor for the Evo and am just waiting for my mechanic to have a spare couple days to be able to install it for me and I can enjoy my dream car as it should be enjoyed hopefully soon.

Second, I recently made the poor financial decision to upgrade my '99 Chevy Silverado to a '07 Toyota Tacoma. My friends have Tacomas so the pressure was on. My Chevy also gets 11mpg on average and since my truck is my daily/road trip vehicle the fuel mileage wasn't very efficient. This was my major deciding factor in the switch, I haven't been exploring or on a road trip in more than a year and I miss it. 

I started the search for a first-gen Tacoma but soon realized, with a slightly expanded budget, I could find salvage title or beat up second-gen Tacomas for the same price range as nice first gens. Liking the second gens more, I increased the years in my search bar on every website I could find to sort through. Finally, one of the dealerships I had originally found a first-gen Tacoma at, but it was an extended cab so I wasn't overly interested in it, popped up that they also had a second-gen. They were asking over what I could afford, but a fair price nonetheless, and after many emails, I was able to get them down to the very tippy-top of my 'over-budget but I can make work' budget. Haha.

To give you a little back story. My brother had a second-gen Tacoma, of which started my love for the truck. It's still a little seral that I have my very own and it is pretty much exactly what I wanted, AWD, auto, 6cyl, and 4 doors. No sunroof, but that was asking for the moon with this one. It is a little rough on the exterior but the interior is mint, and thankfully I have somebody shop connections through my work. 

I'd like to introduce my very own Trokoma. (Name to come)





Follow my Instagram @TheWhiteEvo to follow along!


Popular Posts