The Aftermath


After breaking the Evo in the past few weeks I finally was able to get it to John Kerr at Innovative MotorWorks to get the tune touched up last week.  Then, I stopped to visit a friend to get my state inspection done and he is all good to go now.  


We've gone to a few locations to play with the camera, and I took him up to Lehigh Valley Cars & Coffee this past weekend to stretch the legs a bit and he did great. I really am very pleased with how this whole process has turned out and it just proves how much taking your time with all of the little details can really pay off.



There are a few more aesthetic details I still need to take care of but I am not in a huge rush. My deadline to have the car at it's best is H20i weekend and that isn't until the last weekend in September (which all of you should attend if able to) so I have time still. If you haven't noticed I am a huge procrastinator, but I make it work.


 I had to take the rear bumper support off of the car to fit the jdm bumper but I don't want to leave it unprotected, not to mention it's illegal, so I found a site that has a how-to to modify the oem support to fit under the jdm rear bumper. It includes some things I don't know how to do so hence procrastinating on that, but it will get done. Second, the rear bumper wasn't taped off properly so the line where the gunmetal bottom color meets the white is all off and looks horrible and for some reason the right side doesn't match the rear quarter panel at all so I need to get that done again also.  Most likely, that will have to wait since my BMW is coming up on some services. 


A new clutch was installed when going back together and I'm not sure if I just don't remember what it felt like before from driving my BMW for the past year or if it is just because it is new but I really hate how/where it grabs. Going back and forth between the cars is not fun, at all. The car could definitely use a bump in power as well but that will have to wait due to I may have another project coming in. ;)


Thanks for reading, and be sure to keep an eye out for my secret project!

Popular Posts