Thanksgiving Explorations

It was Thanksgiving morning. My alarm was left set for 5:40am on purpose so I could catch the sun rise and maybe get a few shots in. It ended up being overcast all day with some light rain so the sun rise was just the sky changing from a dark gray to a light gray, but that was even better news to explore a few new spots I scoped out on Google Maps the day before at work.



I actually got out of bed at 6:17am, quickly changed and headed down the road to check if Starbucks was alive. Thankfully they were, and there was actually a few people in line. As I was standing by the pickup counter I caught a few key words from conversation behind me "motor, rebuild, garage." I checked out the crowd and smiled as I discovered the source of my curiosity was an older group sitting in the circle our store has setup for a lounge feel. 


 As I grabbed my order, I heard one of the gentleman tell his friends "that little girl has a turbo on her shirt!" "Nice shirt!" He smiled to me as I headed out of the store. Didn't expect a couple of gear heads hanging out at 6:30am in a Starbucks on Thanksgiving morning! I yelled back a smiling thank you and brought my Evo to life as I had 20 minutes to get to the location I had planned.



I had a few places I wanted to check out and thankfully the sky stayed gray most of the morning for me. Thanksgiving morning was more quiet than I had expected it to be so I got a few shots in and went for a short drive as I couldn't resist the near empty roads.


Exploring new locations, playing around with my camera, and a few back roads fill me up more than than the pizza I had for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Which was actually leftover pizza since pizza places aren't open on the holiday. It is these things that make me happy and want to explore different places and pursue photography further.



Also, the main reason for this adventure in the first place was to play with a lens I had recently picked up. It is a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, used. I can't say I am the biggest fan of it, and a Nikon 24-70mm is still high on my wish list, but it is better than my starter zoom lens and the 50mm is more than mildly obnoxious in tight locations, so I definitely needed some kind of a zoom lens. I am grateful to now have this one.



Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!!

Popular Posts