Build In Progress


 This is truly a dream build for me. I have always wanted a truck and shortly after moving to SLC, UT (capital of truck land) I picked up a $500 1996 Chevy K1500. It couldn't get out of its own way but I loved it. I specifically remember one late night at the shop, my friend was helping me replace the catalytic converter on it that was seized as all hell, and we were talking and plotting about how cool it would be to build it prerunner style. At the time I couldn't find much aftermarket support for a 4WD Silverado and what  I could find was well out of my price range, so I tabled that dream pretty high up. I was happy just having a truck finally.

Fast forward to the present day, (about 4 years later,) and not only do I own my dream Chevy chassis, a cat-eye, leather interior, decent shape, 4wd 1500, but it's about to become a one of a kind!

Salty Gears Offroad doesn't cheap out, I brought them this home-built kit I had found and wanted to install and they gave me a hard pass and pieced together a custom one-off build. I dropped it off with them and walked my butt over every single day. One because I quickly learned this build was a lot more custom and there was a lot more fabrication than I realized and learning about it was fun, but also the photographer in me needed to document EVERYTHING. 


Here we go. Prepare to feast your eyes on the dopest build to come out of Salty Gears Offroad garage (yeah I fully believe that, not biased at all.) 

Lining up the JD Fabrication strut tower mounts.

Little beefier than the stock ones, as is everything with this build.

Let's get rid of those stock mounts!

Buh-bye!

She gone.

No turning back!

The diff was modified. 

New tie rods from Kryptonite.

Installed and painted!

Yikes, they think these may have been the original spark plugs!

A little representation under the hood!

TMR Customs limit straps!

Ted putting on a light show.

Everything mocked up!

Getting the rear set up.


Knuckle mocked up.


Ted working the details!

The tires were a lot bigger than Id imagined so I made them test try them on!


&on the ground and getting aligned!



Click here for before and after shots!!


Popular Posts