The Adapters Have Arrived!


I finallllllllly got the correct wheel adapters!!

Hooray! (Smol back story: I ordered a set of custom adapters before I received the wheels, I looked up the TE37 bore online and everyone said 73.1mm so that's what I ordered. Well, when I received the adapters 4 weeks later they didn't fit. I apparently ordered one of the only TE37 sets that have an uber random bore of 64.6mm, I tried searching and couldn't find any car that runs that hub bore. Anyways, I had to custom order a new set and after another 4 weeks, they're finally here!) 

I also got my wheels back from the local powder coater and they turned out amazing! I went in last weekend to install them but unfortunately ran into more issues. 

The front studs on the car barely cleared the adapters but oddly enough the rear studs are slightly longer by about 2 threads. I had to shave the rear studs and retap the threads. At this point, I test fit the wheels and they fit better than I imagined! (I really wasn't sure how it would come together with the offset and adapters) however another issue, my current lug nuts have rust at the tops and only 4 of them would thread on far enough for the wheel to tighten, and my buddy had a set of 12x1.5 but his weren't long enough. I ordered a set of open-ended lug nuts because no one locally had a set and they should arrive Thursday.














Popular Posts