Flashback Friday

All has been quiet around central Pennsylvania. The temperatures continue to drop, no snow has been called for, and the wind pierces through to your bones most days.  Very few car meets are held year round through the cold winter months.  My favorite Cars & Coffee in Hunt Valley, Maryland continues every Saturday morning as well as a small local Sonic meet Wednesday nights.  Personally my biggest pet peeve is being cold, so I don't get out to either of these gatherings much, if at all, during the winter months.  



I have had my white Evo now for three years come the end of January, and yet this is the first winter I will actually be able to drive it.  The first year I had an issue with bleeding the brake system.  Plus, I had a second Evo to drive so it wasn't too much of a rush. Last year, as mentioned, I blew up the block and had to drive my rear wheel drive BMW all winter. Which I must say I was highly impressed with how well my '06 330i did in the snow, it didn't slide on me once.  Anyways, I am pretty psyched for the call of the first worthy snowfall to head out with some friends and slide around on empty roads and parking lots.


Meeting up with friends and traveling 20mph to different parking lots to slide your cars around in the midst of a snow storm is the highlight of my winter.  It's also one of the few things, other than work, than will bring me out of the house willingly into the cold darkness.



These pictures I have posted are from two years ago when I had an '05 Evo as a daily driver/rallyx car.  It was a car I could beat up and not care about dents or scratches and have a ton of fun in. I could throw it around on trails and not worry about the rocks scratching the paint because it was already speckled everywhere. The garage door at shop I work at even got closed on the roof of the car at one point.  The guy popped the roof back out and I said it wasn't a big deal.  My white Evo, I would have flipped shit if someone closed the garage door on the roof. Haha, it was just a 'might as well' car.




That year we had numerous snowfalls and got to play a few times unlike last year where we really only had one, which was huge. This one particular night a friend of a friend, who is a photographer, offered to come out and take some pictures of the cars in the snow.
His facebook page can be found here!



 I must say, I am kind of glad I didn't have my white Evo because the contrast of the black with the white snow turned out amazing. 
Having a few local friends with some fun cars and some snow fall always make winter a little more bearable here in central Pennsylvania.  I am looking forward to our first snow of the season, hopefully it comes soon!

Popular Posts